Jin Shin Jyutsu
It is a physio-philosophy that involves the application of the hands for gently balancing the flow of life energy in the body; more generally, it is the awakening to awareness of complete harmony within the self and the universe.
There are two important distinctions between Jin Shin Jyutsu and many other massage and oriental healing modalities to which it is often compared.
First, Jin Shin Jyutsu is an art, as opposed to a technique; a technique is a mechanical application, whereas an art is a skillful creation.
Second, Jin Shin Jyutsu is not a physical manipulation of tissue and uses only minimal pressure. The hands are used as "jumper cables," contacting 26 "safety energy locks" to redirect, or unblock the flow of energy along its pathways.
A practitioner of Jin Shin Jyutsu is not the "do-er", s/he simply assists in the flow of an infinite supply of universal energy. This process does not affect the practitioner's personal supply of energy.
Jin Shin Jyutsu can also help specifically address a number of health issues. It can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Help cancer patients with symptmoms from chemotherapy
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote regeneration.
- Improving circulation and breathing.
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften tired, overused muscles.
- Relieve migraine pain.
- Many other benefits
In a typical Jin Shin Jyutsu session, which lasts about one hour, the receiver remains clothed and lies face- up on a cushioned surface. After "listening" to the energy pulses in the wrists, a practitioner employs a harmonizing sequence, or "flow," appropriate for unblocking particular pathways and restoring the energy to the energy rhythm of the universe.
A "flow" is a series of hand placement combinations (using the "safety energy locks") that stimulates circulation of energy along a given pathway. There are many such pathways in the body, each with a distinct function or essence.
To a certain extent, the experience of Jin Shin Jyutsu is unique to each person for each session.
Price: 30 min £25
60 min £30
For more information visit: www.jsjinc.net